Translate

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

10 Minute DIY Thanksgiving Decorations




As much as I love crafting and making decorations, most of my time is spent creating for my clients’ painting and wedding projects. I’d love to have a moment to try out projects from Pinterest or think up some crafty goodness to share here on this blog, but heck…I’m lucky if I can manage a load of laundry and keep up with my kids’ schedules, while running this business and meeting work project deadlines. I try to get into the spirit of each season by doing some sort of decorating, but unless we’re hosting a holiday gathering, the effort is limited to items we’ve saved from previous years or things I find around the house. And it has to be something I can throw together quickly. source
So, I’m keeping it short and sweet with this post by sharing a really, really, REALLY quick DIY for Thanksgiving. We’re going to a relative’s home for Thanksgiving Dinner, so I just wanted something little for the mantel and our kitchen table. Of course, I always have duck/duct tape (yes, in gold)…and with leftover mini pumpkins from Halloween and leaves that had fallen from the magnolia tree in our front yard, I put something together in about 10 minutes (for each project) while waiting for a load of a laundry to dry and for a client to give me print approval…
GOLD DUCT TAPE
Gold Duck Tape Pumpkins
 LEAF GARLAND

GRATEFUL leaf garland
Here’s a quick, easy and inexpensive idea for table coverings or placemats.  Use kraft paper (I cover the entire table with kraft paper, which I have a huge roll of at all times in my studio) and write “thankful for” with a few lines at each place setting. You can draw some pretty designs to indicate each place setting or accent where the plates and utensils will be placed. Write the guest’s name above “thankful for” instead of using place cards. I’ve done this for my ladies wine club so we can write down comments or ratings for each wine and dinner parties for listing menu items. For appetizers and dishes, I write the food indicators directly onto the kraft paper and draw an arrow pointing to the actual dish. Clean up is a breeze…just roll up the paper and toss in the recycle bin.
photo



No comments:

 

Categories

Home Improvement Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory